Re: Question about StartLogicalReplication() error path

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Question about StartLogicalReplication() error path
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:51:35 -0700, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote in
> On Mon, 2021-06-14 at 13:13 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > I'm happy to hear other opinions, but I think I would be inclined to
> > vote in favor of #1 and/or #2 but against #3.
>
> What about upgrading it to, say, LOG? It seems like it would happen
> pretty infrequently, and in the event something strange happens, might
> rule out some possibilities.

I don't think the message is neded, but I don't oppose it as far as
the level is LOG and the messages were changed as something like this:

-        elog(DEBUG1, "cannot stream from %X/%X, minimum is %X/%X, forwarding",
+        elog(LOG, "%X/%X has been already streamed, forwarding to %X/%X",

FWIW, I most prefer #1. I see #2 as optional. and see #3 as the above.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center