Re: pgbench bug candidate: negative "initial connection time"

От Yugo NAGATA
Тема Re: pgbench bug candidate: negative "initial connection time"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 00:42:12 +0000
"kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Dear Fabien,
>
> Thank you for replying!
>
> > Hmmm. Possibly. Another option could be not to report anything after some
> > errors. I'm not sure, because it would depend on the use case. I guess the
> > command returned an error status as well.
>
> I did not know any use cases and decisions , but I vote to report nothing when error occurs.

I would prefer to abort the thread whose connection got an error and report
results for other threads, as handled when doConnect fails in CSTATE_START_TX
state.

In this case, we have to set the state to CSTATE_ABORT before going to 'done'
as fixed in the attached patch, in order to ensure that exit status is 2 and the
result reports "pgbench: fatal: Run was aborted; the above results are incomplete."

Otherwise, if we want pgbench to exit immediately when a connection error occurs,
we have tocall exit(1) to ensure the exit code is 1, of course. Anyway, it is wrong
that thecurrent pgbench exit successfully with exit code 0 when doConnnect fails.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>