Re: unnesting multirange data types

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: unnesting multirange data types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 06:36:42PM -0700, Zhihong Yu wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 2:10 PM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 5:53 PM Zhihong Yu <zyu@yugabyte.com> wrote:
> > > +   ObjectAddress myself,
> > >
> > > nit: myself -> self
> >
> > Probably "self" is a better name than "myself" in this context.
> > However, you can see that the surrounding code already uses the name
> > "myself".  Therefore, I prefer to stay with "myself".
>
> Is it Okay if I submit a patch changing the 'myself's to 'self' ?

I think it's too nit-picky to be useful and and too much like busy-work.

The patch wouldn't be applied to backbranches, and the divergence complicates
future backpatches, and can create the possibility to introduce errors.

I already looked for and reported typos introduced in v14, but I can almost
promise that if someone looks closely at the documentation changes there are
more errors to be found, even without testing that the code behaves as
advertised.

You can look for patches which changed docs in v14 like so:
git log -p --cherry-pick --stat origin/REL_13_STABLE...origin/master -- doc

But I recommend reading the changes to documentation in HTML/PDF, since it's
easy to miss an errors while reading SGML.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/index.html

--
Justin