Re: Fdw batch insert error out when set batch_size > 65535

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Fdw batch insert error out when set batch_size > 65535
Дата
Re: Fdw batch insert error out when set batch_size > 65535  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Jun-12, Tomas Vondra wrote:

> There's one caveat, though - for regular builds the slowdown is pretty
> much eliminated. But with valgrind it's still considerably slower. For
> postgres_fdw the "make check" used to take ~5 minutes for me, now it
> takes >1h. And yes, this is entirely due to the new test case which is
> generating / inserting 70k rows. So maybe the test case is not worth it
> after all, and we should get rid of it.

Hmm, what if the table is made 1600 columns wide -- would inserting 41
rows be sufficient to trigger the problem case?  If it does, maybe it
would reduce the runtime for valgrind/cache-clobber animals enough that
it's no longer a concern.

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile
"At least to kernel hackers, who really are human, despite occasional