Re: unnesting multirange data types

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: unnesting multirange data types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Jun-09, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:

> I did a couple more tests around this.
>
> As suspected, in PL/pgSQL, there is no way to unpack or iterate over a
> multirange type.

Uh.  This is disappointing; the need for some way to unnest or unpack a
multirange was mentioned multiple times in the range_agg thread.  I had
assumed that there was some way to cast the multirange to a range array,
or somehow convert it, but apparently that doesn't work.

If the supporting pieces are mostly there, then I opine we should add
something.

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W
"Hay dos momentos en la vida de un hombre en los que no debería