Re: Race condition in recovery?

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Race condition in recovery?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sorry, some extra words are left alone.

At Mon, 07 Jun 2021 13:57:35 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> As I said upthread the relationship between receiveTLI and
> recoveryTargetTLI is not confirmed yet at the point.
- findNewestTimeLine() simply searches for the history file with the
- largest timeline id so the returned there's a case where the timeline
+ findNewestTimeLine() simply searches for the history file with the
+ largest timeline id so there's a case where the timeline
> id that the function returns is not a future of the latest checkpoint
> TLI.  I think that the fact that rescanLatestTimeLine() checks the
> relationship is telling us that we need to do the same in the path as
> well.
>
> In my previous proposal, it is done just after the line the patch
> touches but it can be in the if (fetching_ckpt) branch.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: Race condition in recovery?
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: locking [user] catalog tables vs 2pc vs logical rep