Re: installcheck failure in indirect_toast with default_toast_compression = lz4

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: installcheck failure in indirect_toast with default_toast_compression = lz4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jun 05, 2021 at 09:20:43AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> As said in $subject, installcheck fails once I set up a server with
> default_toast_compression = lz4 in the test indirect_toast.  Please
> see the attached for the diffs.
>
> The issue is that the ordering of the tuples returned by UPDATE
> RETURNING is not completely stable.  Perhaps we should just enforce
> the order of those tuples by wrapping the DMLs into a CTE and use an
> ORDER BY in the outer query.

See also a prior discussion:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFiTN-sm8Dpx3q92g5ohTdZu1_wKsw96-KiEMf3SoK8DhRPfWw%40mail.gmail.com

--
Justin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PoC/WIP: Extended statistics on expressions
От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: Strangeness with UNIQUE indexes and UTF-8