Re: logical decoding bug: segfault in ReorderBufferToastReplace()

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: logical decoding bug: segfault in ReorderBufferToastReplace()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Jun-04, Jeremy Schneider wrote:

> ERROR: XX000: could not open relation with OID 0
> LOCATION: ReorderBufferToastReplace, reorderbuffer.c:305

Hah.

It seems to me that this code should silently return if
rd_rel->reltoastrelid == 0; just like in the case of
txn->toast_hash == NULL.  It evidently means that no datum can be
toasted, and therefor no toast replacement is needed.

(As far as I recall, a table cannot go from having a toast table to not
having one.)

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile
"¿Qué importan los años?  Lo que realmente importa es comprobar que