Re: View invoker privileges

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: View invoker privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 10:25:08AM +0300, Ivan Ivanov wrote:
> In Postgres we can create view with view owner privileges only. What’s the
> reason that there is no option to create view with invoker privileges? Is
> there any technical or security subtleties related to absence of this
> feature?

The SQL standard calls for the owner privileges behavior, and nobody has
implemented an invoker privileges option.  I know of no particular subtlety.
An SQL-language function can behave like an invoker-privileges view, but a
view would allow more optimizer freedom.  It would be a good option to have.