Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 02:03:08AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have committed the first draft of the PG 14 release notes.  You can
> see the most current  build of them here:
>
>     https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-14.html
>
> I need clarification on many items, and the document still needs its
> items properly ordered, and markup added.  I also expect a lot of
> feedback.

There's a small typo:

+Improve tab completion (Vignesh C,, Michael [...]

(duplicated comma)

Also

+<para>
+Avoid retrieval of CHECK constraints and DEFAULT exprs in data-only dump (Julien Rouhaud)
+</para>
+
+<para>
+IS THIS BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE?
+</para>
+</listitem>

The new behavior doesn't have any impact on the generated dump, as the
modification is to avoid retrieving data that won't be used.

For users, it only means maybe slight faster pg_dump execution, or slightly
better change to be able to run a pg_dump --data-only if pg_constraint is
corrupted but not the rest of the user data, so maybe it's not necessary to
mention that in the release notes?