Re: "invalid contrecord" error on replica

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: "invalid contrecord" error on replica
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At Sun, 2 May 2021 22:43:44 +0200, Adrien Nayrat <adrien.nayrat@anayrat.info> wrote in
> I also dumped 00000001000000AA000000A1 on the secondary and it
> contains all the records until AA/A1004018.
>
> It is really weird, I don't understand how the secondary can miss the
> last 2 records of A0? It seems he did not received the
> CHECKPOINT_SHUTDOWN record?
>
> Any idea?

This seems like stepping on the same issue with [1], in short, the
secondary having received an incomplete record but the primary forgot
of the record after restart.

Specifically, primary was writing a WAL record that starts at A0FFFB70
and continues to A1xxxxxx segment. The secondary successfully received
the first half of the record but the primary failed to write (then
send) the last half of the record due to disk full.

At this time it seems that the primary's last completed record ended
at A0FFB70. Then the CHECKPOINT_SHUTDOWN record overwrote the
already-halfly-sent record up to A0FFBE8 while restarting.

On the secondary side, there's only the first half of the record,
which had been forgotten by the primary and the last half starting at
LSN A1000000 was still the future in the new history on the primary.

After some time the primary reaches A1000000 but the first record in
the segment is of course disagrees with the history of the secondary.

1: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CBDDFA01-6E40-46BB-9F98-9340F4379505%40amazon.com

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi