Re: .ready and .done files considered harmful

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: .ready and .done files considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-05-05 16:22:21 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> Huh, I had not thought about that problem. So, at the risk of getting
> sidetracked, what exactly are you asking for here? Let the extension
> pick the timeline using an algorithm of its own devising, rather than
> having core do it? Or what?

Not Stephen, but to me the most reasonable way to address this is to
make timeline identifier wider and randomly allocated. The sequential
looking natures of timelines imo is actively unhelpful.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: .ready and .done files considered harmful
Сообщение: Re: .ready and .done files considered harmful