Re: location of pgpass.conf

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: location of pgpass.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Sat, May 01, 2021 at 11:14:43PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sun, May  2, 2021 at 01:38:04AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:
> > The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
> >
> > Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/libpq-pgpass.html
> >
> > The file location needs to be more clear.  It didn't work on my Local
> > profile, only my Roaming profile:
> >
> > AppData\Roaming\postgresql
> >
> > Although it should work under Local profile too as Local is more secure than
> > Roaming.
>
> I don't even know what operating system you are using, let alone what a
> roaming or local profile are.  If you want things clarified, you have to
> be clearer yourself.

AppData is a Windows thing.  The documentation is correct as far as I can see,
as Windows documents the Roaming folder as APPDATA, in opposition to
LOCAL_APPDATA, which is the one OP tried first.

See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/shell/csidl for more
details.

I think you can open %APPDATA% in Windows explorer to get the correct location
if needed.