Re: Unresolved repliaction hang and stop problem.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Unresolved repliaction hang and stop problem.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Cc'ing Lukasz Biegaj because of the pgsql-general thread.

On 2021-Apr-29, Amit Kapila wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 7:36 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> > ... It's strange that replication worked for them on pg10 though and
> > broke on 13.  What did we change anything to make it so?
>
> No idea but probably if the other person can share the exact test case
> which he sees working fine on PG10 but not on PG13 then it might be a
> bit easier to investigate.

Ah, noticed now that Krzysztof posted links to these older threads,
where a problem is described:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CANDwggKYveEtXjXjqHA6RL3AKSHMsQyfRY6bK%2BNqhAWJyw8psQ%40mail.gmail.com
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/8bf8785c-f47d-245c-b6af-80dc1eed40db%40unitygroup.com

Krzysztof said "after upgrading to pg13 we started having problems",
which implicitly indicates that the same thing worked well in pg10 ---
but if the problem has been correctly identified, then this wouldn't
have worked in pg10 either.  So something in the story doesn't quite
match up.  Maybe it's not the same problem after all, or maybe they
weren't doing X in pg10 which they are attempting in pg13.

Krzysztof, Lukasz, maybe you can describe more?

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile