Re: pgsql: autovacuum: handle analyze for partitioned tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pgsql: autovacuum: handle analyze for partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Apr-08, Tom Lane wrote:

> > autovacuum: handle analyze for partitioned tables
>
> Looks like this has issues under EXEC_BACKEND:
>
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=culicidae&dt=2021-04-08%2005%3A50%3A08

Hmm, I couldn't reproduce this under EXEC_BACKEND or otherwise, but I
think this is unrelated to that, but rather a race condition.

The backtrace saved by buildfarm is:

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  relation_needs_vacanalyze (relid=relid@entry=43057, relopts=relopts@entry=0x0,
classForm=classForm@entry=0x7e000501eef0,tabentry=0x5611ec71b030,
effective_multixact_freeze_max_age=effective_multixact_freeze_max_age@entry=400000000,
dovacuum=dovacuum@entry=0x7ffd78cc4ee0,doanalyze=0x7ffd78cc4ee1, wraparound=0x7ffd78cc4ee2) at
/mnt/resource/andres/bf/culicidae/HEAD/pgsql.build/../pgsql/src/backend/postmaster/autovacuum.c:3237
3237                    childclass = (Form_pg_class) GETSTRUCT(childtuple);
#1  0x00005611eb09fc91 in do_autovacuum () at
/mnt/resource/andres/bf/culicidae/HEAD/pgsql.build/../pgsql/src/backend/postmaster/autovacuum.c:2168
#2  0x00005611eb0a0f8b in AutoVacWorkerMain (argc=argc@entry=1, argv=argv@entry=0x5611ec61f1e0) at
/mnt/resource/andres/bf/culicidae/HEAD/pgsql.build/../pgsql/src/backend/postmaster/autovacuum.c:1715

the code in question is:

            children = find_all_inheritors(relid, AccessShareLock, NULL);

            foreach(lc, children)
            {
                Oid            childOID = lfirst_oid(lc);
                HeapTuple    childtuple;
                Form_pg_class childclass;

                childtuple = SearchSysCache1(RELOID, ObjectIdGetDatum(childOID));
                childclass = (Form_pg_class) GETSTRUCT(childtuple);

Evidently SearchSysCache must be returning NULL, but how come that
happens, when we have acquired lock on the rel during
find_all_inheritors?

I would suggest that we do not take lock here at all, and just skip the
rel if SearchSysCache returns empty, as in the attached.  Still, I am
baffled about this crash.

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile
"Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me thy discordant images

Вложения