Re: BUG #16953: OOB access while converting "interval" to char

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: BUG #16953: OOB access while converting "interval" to char
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 07:17:50PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 08:08:56PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> > PFA a naive patch to fix this problem with some regression tests.  I'm assuming
> > that -1 month should be january and not december.  I had a quick look at the
> > rest of formatting.c and didn't spot any similar problem, but another pair of
> > eyes wouldn't hurt.
>
> Assuming an absolute number is not really intuitive when it comes to a
> negative number here, while counting backward feels more natural, so I
> would vote for making -1 be December, -2 November, etc.

Honestly I might as well have flipped a coin here, so I'm fine either way.

> Let's also make the tests more extended.  I would suggest a single
> query with generate_series() from say -12 to 12, that checks the
> output of both RM and rm for the full range of values supported by
> tm_mon.

I'm fine with it too, although I'd probably go with [-13, 13] just to make sure
that there's isn't silly off-by-one mistake.

I'll just wait a bit to see if anyone else has any opinion on whether -1 month
should be January or December.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16953: OOB access while converting "interval" to char
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16953: OOB access while converting "interval" to char