Re: pgsql: Move pg_stat_statements query jumbling to core.

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: pgsql: Move pg_stat_statements query jumbling to core.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 12:08:02PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 11:40 AM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > That was indeed the problem.  I think the best is to entirely ignore parallel
> > workers in pg_stat_statements,
> >

> I haven't studied this patch but I have a question here. We normally
> do accumulate the stats from parallel workers for the purpose of
> Explain Analyze, so won't ignoring them in pg_stat_statements a bit
> inconsistent but if that is the case even before this patch then that
> might be fine?

I think that this patch shouldn't change pg_stat_statements previous behavior,
and that the previous behavior was correct.

It doesn't change the way we get instrumentation data from parallel workers,
just avoid to have parallel workers call pgss_store and report multiple time
the same activity.  The only difference is that now pg_stat_statements won't
setup instrumentation flags, but those should be inherited in parallel worker
from the main process right?