Re: Application trying to use wrong user when logging into the database

От Bzzzz
Тема Re: Application trying to use wrong user when logging into the database
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 14:21:29 +0000
Simon Connah <simon.n.connah@protonmail.com> wrote:

Rahhhh, it was sent directly to you instead of the ML :(((
re-sending it.

https://www.dbrnd.com/2016/12/postgresql-pg_ident-conf-to-map-operating-system-username-and-database-username-external-authentication-password/

> > Jean-Yves
>
> Thank you for your reply. My pg_ident.conf file is completely empty
> (well all commented out at least). Do you really need to map a Linux
> system user to a PostgreSQL role to get this to work? Seems like a bit
> of a hack to me. I'm probably missing something simple again. I don't
> need external access to the database at the moment, although it is
> helpful knowledge to have for the future.
>
> This is all on my local machine so I've set pg_hba.conf to md5 for
> 127.0.0.1/32 which I assumed would just make it work.
>
> Simon.

Normal

> Do you really need to map a Linux
> system user to a PostgreSQL role to get this to work?

Not at all, as they have nothing in common, except if you use a system
user of course - this looks like just a facility.

> Seems like a bit
> of a hack to me. I'm probably missing something simple again. I don't
> need external access to the database at the moment, although it is
> helpful knowledge to have for the future.

As your file's empty, this can only come from your app (hehehe), so try
to launch it under another user to see if it takes the username of
the launcher by default, which seems to be the case (you launched it
under the Linux username 'simon', didn't you !?)

Check the docs to find what is the behavior of the js Pg driver.

Double check your configuration file has the right username _and_ that it
is effectively read by your app (trace each steps w/ prints or logs).

If nothing works, re-write your app in Cobol ;-p)

Jean-Yves

Сообщение: Re: Application trying to use wrong user when logging into the database
Сообщение: Re: Application trying to use wrong user when logging into the database