Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 04:04:44PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 12:48 PM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I originally suggested to make it clearer by having an enum GUC rather than a
> > boolean, say compute_queryid = [ none | core | external ], and if set to
> > external then a hook would be explicitely called.  Right now, "none" and
> > "external" are binded with compute_queryid = off, and depends on whether an
> > extension is computing a queryid during post_parse_analyse_hook.
>
> I would just make it a Boolean and have a hook. The Boolean controls
> whether it gets computed at all, and the hook lets an external module
> override the way it gets computed.

OK, is that what everyone wants?  I think that is what the patch already
does.

I think having multiple queryids used in a single cluster is much too
confusing to support.  You would have to label and control which queryid
is displayed by pg_stat_activity and log_line_prefix, and that seems too
confusing and not useful.

Сообщение: Re: pl/pgsql feature request: shorthand for argument and local variable references
Сообщение: Re: pl/pgsql feature request: shorthand for argument and local variable references