Re: Slow index creation

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Slow index creation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 08:40:17PM +0100, Paul van der Linden wrote:
> The st_area calculation is done mostly once or sometimes twice for each geom, and I suspect that can't explain the
factor20 slower.

> Creating an index with only one st_area calculation is also done rather quickly.

In this case, make small test case, like 1000 rows, or something like
this. run create index without where, and then remake the functions with
profiling info, for example using this approach:
https://www.depesz.com/2010/03/18/profiling-stored-proceduresfunctions/
and check for yourself what takes this time, and if it's something you
can fix.

Best regards,

depesz