Re: psql behavior change on upgrade from version 12.x to 13.1

От raf
Тема Re: psql behavior change on upgrade from version 12.x to 13.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 12:19:21PM -0800, Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com> wrote:

> On 09-Feb-2021, at 12:11, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com> writes:
> > Here’s what I get when I do "otool -L /usr/local/bin/psql";
>
> > /usr/local/bin/psql:
> >     /usr/local/lib/libpq.5.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.13.0)
> >     /usr/local/opt/readline/lib/libreadline.8.dylib (compatibility version 8.0.0, current version 8.0.0)
> >     /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1292.0.0)
>
> Right, so that's using a version of libreadline that's supplied by
> Homebrew (the /usr/local/opt path is the giveaway on that).
>
> I don't know whether these things represent an intentional change
> of libreadline's behavior in Homebrew's build, or a bug, but in
> either case you should take the issue to the Homebrew support forums.
> If it's intentional, I imagine there's a way to get the old behavior
> back.
>
> Also, libreadline is fairly configurable, so maybe this boils down
> to some unintentional change in your ~/.inputrc ?
>
>             regards, tom lane
>
> —————
>
> Thank you very much, Tom. It seems, then, that we have the
> “microscopic” explanation. I’ll have to to a fair bit of research to
> find out what to do to fix this problem.

This sounds exactly like changes that happened in
debian a while ago. I was taken by surprise as well,
but it's actually much better behaviour than previous
behaviour. It's nice to know tht you have to confirm
the execution of a pasted shell command (especially
when pasting commands as root). It feels safer. You
might come to like it. But of course, the readline
library is probably configurable enough to change the
behaviour.

According to https://tiswww.case.edu/php/chet/readline/rluserman.html,
this could be what you're looking for:

  enable-bracketed-paste
  When set to `On', Readline will configure the
  terminal in a way that will enable it to insert each
  paste into the editing buffer as a single string of
  characters, instead of treating each character as if
  it had been read from the keyboard. This can prevent
  pasted characters from being interpreted as editing
  commands. The default is `On'.

So try putting this in your ~/.inputrc file:

  set enable-bracketed-paste off

cheers,
raf

Сообщение: Re: psql behavior change on upgrade from version 12.x to 13.1
Сообщение: Re: psql behavior change on upgrade from version 12.x to 13.1