Re: BUG #16832: Interrupted system call when working with large data tables

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: BUG #16832: Interrupted system call when working with large data tables
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On 2021-01-21 22:16:55 +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> I've recently updated macOS to Big Sur, and simultaneously to PostgreSQL
> 13.1.
> Since these updates PostgreSQL keeps throwing 'Interrupted system call'
> errors in three instances, which produce similar 'could not open file
> pg_wal/" errors (see below 1.,2. and 3.).
> The problem might be linked to BUG #16827: macOS interrupted syscall leads
> to a crash.

There is additional information in another bug report at
https://postgr.es/m/16827-7606aeb21d38c228%40postgresql.org

I don't really know what to do here short term - adding EINTR handling
to syscalls that traditionally never had returned EINTR (which used to
only happen for "blocking" system calls) will be a fair amount of work.

I'll also respond in the other thread, CCing you, as there's more
information there.

Greetings,

Andres Freund