Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2021-01-17 11:11:01 -0800, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 1/17/21 11:04 AM, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > > Always reply-to-all.
> >
> > Why? Why I (and other subscribers) have to have the same mail twice in
> > the mbox?
>
> You can prevent that by going here:
>
> https://lists.postgresql.org/manage/
>
> and checking:
>
> Don't receive an extra copy of mails when listed in To or CC fields

For me that works in the wrong direction. I absolutely want to get the
mails through the mailing-list, so that they are correctly filtered. I
would prefer to not get an extra copy directly. (but I can live with
that).

Of course the mailing list server can't filter mails it never sees.

Mutt adds a header to indicate the preferences of the sender, but I
think that is only recognized by mutt, so it's not a general solution.

        hp

Вложения