Re: What to do with tablespaces when upgrading to pg13 from pg1X?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: What to do with tablespaces when upgrading to pg13 from pg1X?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 10:28:52AM +0800, James(王旭) wrote:
> Hello,
> I was planning to upgrade from 12 to 13 using this command:
>
>     /usr/pgsql-13/bin/pg_upgrade -b /usr/pgsql-12/bin/ -B /usr/pgsql-13/bin/ -d
>     /data/pg/ -D /pg/pgdata_13/ --jobs=10
>

> And I got this output:
>
>     Checking for presence of required libraries                 ok
>     Checking database user is the install user                  ok
>     Checking for prepared transactions                          ok
>     Checking for new cluster tablespace directories
>     new cluster tablespace directory already exists: "/data/tsdb/metas/
>     PG_13_202007201"
>     Failure, exiting
>
> I think it's because /data/tsdb was my tablespace dir which was out of the old
> main data directory(/data/pg/).
>
> So what should I do with old tablespaces when upgrading ?

There should be a subdirectory under your tablespace directory for every
major version, e.g., PG_13_202007201.  I have no idea why your _new_
version already has a directory there.  Do you have a second cluster on
the machine that is using that tablespace directory for PG 13?