Re: LDAP(s) doc misleading

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: LDAP(s) doc misleading
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Paul Förster (paul.foerster@gmail.com) wrote:
> I found this because I'm in the process of making our Linux LDAP servers obsolete by reconfiguring PostgreSQL to use
ourcompany Windows Active Directory LDAPS service.

When in an Active Directory environment, it's far more secure to use
Kerberos/GSSAPI and not LDAP (or LDAPS).  Using the ldap authentication
method with PostgreSQL will result in the credentials of users being
sent to the database server, such that if the database server is
compromised so will all of those user accounts.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Using more than one LDAP?
От: Andrus
Сообщение: Error messages on duplicate schema names