Re: Strange issue with GiST index scan taking far too long

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Strange issue with GiST index scan taking far too long
Дата
Re: Strange issue with GiST index scan taking far too long
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland@siriusit.co.uk> writes:
> So by adding in an extra function around the subselect result, we have
> speeded up the index lookup by several orders of magnitude, and the
> speedup appears to be coming from somewhere within the index scan?!

Is the value you are fetching from the geography table large enough to
be toasted?  I'm thinking you might be looking at the cost of repeated
de-toastings.

BTW, that mcatest function is buggy --- it's not copying the last
4 bytes of the source value.  I don't know enough about PostGIS
data types to know what effect that would have.