Re: Proposed patch for key managment

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Proposed patch for key managment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Michael Paquier (michael@paquier.xyz) wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 12:10:22PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Agreed.  I think there is serious risk we would do AES in a different
> > way than OpenSSL, especially if I did it.  ;-)  We can add a native AES
> > one day if we want, but as stated by Michael Paquier, it has to be
> > tested so we are sure it returns exactly the same values as OpenSSL.
>
> I think that it would be good to put some generalization here, and
> look at options that are offered by other SSL libraries, like libnss
> so as we don't finish with a design that restricts the use of a given
> feature only to OpenSSL.

While I agree with the general idea proposed here, I don't know that we
need to push super hard on it to be somehow perfect right now because it
simply won't be until we actually add support for another library, and I
don't think that's really this patch's responsibility.

So, yes, let's lay the groundwork and structure and perhaps spend a bit
of time looking at other libraries, but not demand this patch also add
support for a second library today, and accept that that means that the
structure we put in place may not end up being exactly perfect.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения