Re: Change default of checkpoint_completion_target

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Change default of checkpoint_completion_target
Дата
Re: Change default of checkpoint_completion_target  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Laurenz Albe (laurenz.albe@cybertec.at) wrote:
> On Tue, 2020-12-08 at 17:29 +0000, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
> > +1 to setting checkpoint_completion_target to 0.9 by default.
>
> +1 for changing the default or getting rid of it, as Tom suggested.

Attached is a patch to change it from a GUC to a compile-time #define
which is set to 0.9, with accompanying documentation updates.

> While we are at it, could we change the default of "log_lock_waits" to "on"?

While I agree that it'd be good to change quite a few of the log_X items
to be 'on' by default, I'm not planning to work on this.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения