Re: Huge memory consumption on partitioned table with FKs

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Huge memory consumption on partitioned table with FKs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Fri, 4 Dec 2020 12:00:09 +0900, Keisuke Kuroda <keisuke.kuroda.3862@gmail.com> wrote in
> Hi Amit,
>
> > I have attached a patch in which I've tried to merge the ideas from
> > both my patch and Kuroda-san's.  I liked that his patch added
> > conparentid to RI_ConstraintInfo because that saves a needless
> > syscache lookup for constraints that don't have a parent.  I've kept
> > my idea to compute the root constraint id only once in
> > ri_LoadConstraint(), not on every invocation of ri_BuildQueryKey().
> > Kuroda-san, anything you'd like to add to that?
>
> Thank you for the merge! It looks good to me.
> I think a fix for InvalidateConstraintCacheCallBack() is also good.
>
> I also confirmed that the patch passed the make check-world.

It's fine that constraint_rood_id overrides constraint_id, but how
about that constraint_root_id stores constraint_id if it is not a
partition?  That change makes the patch a bit simpler.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center