Re: Recovering old installation.

От Roger Wolff
Тема Re: Recovering old installation.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Update!!!!! (progress!)

It seems that:

  mount --bind /dev/shm /oldroot/dev/shm

did the trick. I now have a running server and I can connect
with the commandline tool. Now figure out the dump/restore
process.

Leading up to this was starting postgres in my new system and looking
at the commandline of the running server and replicating that in the
chroot (changing version). Then strace showed EACCESS on
/dev/shm/PostgreSQL.xxxx which allowed further debugging, googling.

    Roger.

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 11:20:43AM +0100, Roger Wolff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a little problem here...
>
> I had a hardware failure. Replaced the power supply and then the
> system wouldn't boot. I eventually bought a new computer, new SSD for
> a root/boot disk. Did a fresh install then moved over the storage
> drives and went on my merry way....
>
> Now... it seems after an earlier migration I had fogotten to move the
> postgresql backup to the new postgresql installation.
>
> So now I have my database in version 9.5 in /oldroot/.... somewhere
> and a new instance of psql (Version 12) is running in the freshly
> installed instance.
>
> My plan-of-attack is to simply chroot to /oldroot, start the old 9.5
> server run a psqldump and un-dump into the new server (have to figure
> out how, but should be documented)
>
> But the problem is: how do I start the server in the old root?
>
> All searches for "chroot postgresql" turn up people who, for security
> reasons, want to run postgresql inside a chroot environment.
>
> All searches for "start postgresql" tell me to simply type "service
> postgresql start". Great on a normal system, but not here:
>
> abra2:/etc# service postgresql start
>  * Starting PostgreSQL 9.5 database server
          * The PostgreSQL server failed to start. Please check the log output:

> 2020-11-20 10:54:59 CET [2080825-1] FATAL:  could not open shared memory segment "/PostgreSQL.1552904327": Function
notimplemented

  [fail]

От: Roger Wolff
Сообщение: Recovering old installation.
От: Raul Kaubi
Сообщение: Re: Determine if postgresql cluster running is primary or not