Re: pg_upgrade from 12 to 13 failes with plpython2

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade from 12 to 13 failes with plpython2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 10:06:17PM +0000, Devrim Gunduz wrote:
> Hi,

> > Uh-huh, so there you have it.  These must be leftovers from some
> > pre-extension incarnation of plpython that was never cleaned up
> > properly.
>
> I think this was broken when Marcin first dropped the language. We
> should just have dropped the extension, I guess.

pg_upgrade does have some code to handle plpython call handlers in
function.c:get_loadable_libraries();

         * Systems that install plpython before 8.1 have
         * plpython_call_handler() defined in the "public" schema, causing
         * pg_dump to dump it.  However that function still references
         * "plpython" (no "2"), so it throws an error on restore.  This code
         * checks for the problem function, reports affected databases to the
         * user and explains how to remove them. 8.1 git commit:
         * e0dedd0559f005d60c69c9772163e69c204bac69
         * http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2012-03/msg01101.php
         * http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2012-05/msg00206.php