Re: Postgres using nested loops despite setting enable_nestloop to false

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: Postgres using nested loops despite setting enable_nestloop to false
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 02:47:55PM +0100, Frits Jalvingh wrote:
> But lately while migrating to Postgres 13 (from 9.6) we found that Postgres
> does not (always) obey the enable_nestloop = false setting anymore: some
>
> The execution plan on Postgres 13.1:

Could you send the plans under pg13 and pg9.6 as attachments ?

What is the setting of work_mem ?

I see the cost is dominated by 2*disable_cost, but I wonder whether the I/O
cost of hash joins now exceeds that.  Maybe hash_mem_multiplier helps you?

GroupAggregate  (cost=20008853763.07..20008853776.02 rows=370 width=68)

  Group Key: (COALESCE(adres_pe.id_s, '-1'::integer)),

--
Justin