Re: Identify columns that need indexes

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Identify columns that need indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 09:50:03AM +0200, Yambu wrote:
> May I know if there is a query I can run to identify the columns that need
> indexes. I know I can get tables that are having high sequential scans
> ,what I need is to identify are the columns.

Not really, as this would be in AI territory.
There can be queries that will find, for example, fkeys that are not
indexed. Or some other subset of problems.
But general "query that will tell me where to put index" - no.

The usual solution is to analyze logs, find queries that use most time,
and optimize them.

depesz

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: