Re: "unix_socket_directories" should be GUC_LIST_INPUT?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: "unix_socket_directories" should be GUC_LIST_INPUT?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 04, 2020 at 10:47:43AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I do not think that that's a fatal objection.  I doubt anyone has
> applications that are automatically issuing that sort of command and
> would be broken by a change.  I think backwards compatibility is
> sufficiently met if the behavior remains the same for existing
> postgresql.conf entries, which AFAICT it would.

OK.  As far as I know, we parse this variable the same way, so this
case would be satisfied.

> Arguably, the whole point of doing something here is to make ALTER
> SYSTEM handle this variable more sensibly.  In that context,
> '/tmp/sock1, /tmp/sock2' *should* be taken as one item IMO.
> We can't change the behavior without, um, changing the behavior.

No arguments against this point either.  If you consider all that, the
switch can be done with the attached, with the change for pg_dump
included.  I have reorganized the list in variable_is_guc_list_quote()
alphabetically while on it.

Robert, is your previous question answered?
--
Michael

Вложения