Re: Dereference before NULL check (src/backend/storage/ipc/latch.c)

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Dereference before NULL check (src/backend/storage/ipc/latch.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Sat, 31 Oct 2020 11:40:53 -0300, Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> wrote in
> Hi,
>
> Per Coverity.
>
> If test set->latch against NULL, is why it can be NULL.
> ResetEvent can dereference NULL.

If the returned event is WL_LATCH_SET, set->latch cannot be NULL. We
shouldn't inadvertently ignore the unexpected or broken situation.We
could put Assert instead, but I think that we don't need do something
here at all since SIGSEGV would be raised at the right location.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center