Re: Parallel copy

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Parallel copy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I've done a bit more testing today, and I think the parsing is busted in
some way. Consider this:

     test=# create extension random;
     CREATE EXTENSION

     test=# create table t (a text);
     CREATE TABLE

     test=# insert into t select random_string(random_int(10, 256*1024)) from generate_series(1,10000);
     INSERT 0 10000

     test=# copy t to '/mnt/data/t.csv';
     COPY 10000

     test=# truncate t;
     TRUNCATE TABLE

     test=# copy t from '/mnt/data/t.csv';
     COPY 10000

     test=# truncate t;
     TRUNCATE TABLE

     test=# copy t from '/mnt/data/t.csv' with (parallel 2);
     ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x00
     CONTEXT:  COPY t, line 485:
"m&\nh%_a"%r]>qtCl:Q5ltvF~;2oS6@HB>F>og,bD$Lw'nZY\tYl#BH\t{(j~ryoZ08"SGU~.}8CcTRk1\ts$@U3szCC+U1U3i@P..."
     parallel worker

The functions come from an extension I use to generate random data, I've
pushed it to github [1]. The random_string() generates a random string
with ASCII characters, symbols and a couple special characters (\r\n\t).
The intent was to try loading data where a fields may span multiple 64kB
blocks and may contain newlines etc.

The non-parallel copy works fine, the parallel one fails. I haven't
investigated the details, but I guess it gets confused about where a
string starts/end, or something like that.

[1] https://github.com/tvondra/random

regards