Re: Add important info about ANALYZE after create Functional Index

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add important info about ANALYZE after create Functional Index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 12:02:11AM +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 05:43:08PM -0300, Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:
>> 2) REINDEX CONCURRENTLY does not keep statistics (pg_statistc) like a
>> regular REINDEX for indexes using expressions and to me it's a bug. Michael
>> pointed out upthread that maybe we should rework a bit
>> index_concurrently_swap() to copy statistics from old index to new one.
>
> Yeah. Not sure it counts as a bug, but I see what you mean - it's
> definitely an unexpected/undesirable difference in behavior between
> plain REINDEX and concurrent one.

REINDEX CONCURRENTLY is by design wanted to provide an experience
transparent to the user similar to what a plain REINDEX would do, at
least that's the idea behind it, so..  This qualifies as a bug to me,
in spirit.
--
Michael

Вложения