Re: Prevent printing "next step instructions" in initdb and pg_upgrade

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Prevent printing "next step instructions" in initdb and pg_upgrade
Дата
Re: Prevent printing "next step instructions" in initdb and pg_upgrade  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 11:35:25AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 2020-10-06 12:26, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > I went with the name --no-instructions to have the same name for both
> > initdb and pg_upgrade. The downside is that "no-instructions" also
> > causes the scripts not to be written in pg_upgrade, which arguably is a
> > different thing. We could go with "--no-instructions" and
> > "--no-scripts", but that would leave the parameters different. I also
> > considered "--no-next-step", but that one didn't quite have the right
> > ring to me. I'm happy for other suggestions on the parameter names.
>
> What scripts are left after we remove the analyze script, as discussed in a
> different thread?

There is still delete_old_cluster.sh.

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: deferred primary key and logical replication
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: [patch] ENUM errdetail should mention bytes, not chars