Re: Error in pg_restore (could not close data file: Success)

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Error in pg_restore (could not close data file: Success)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 20 Oct 2020 13:48:25 +0300, Andrii Tkach <and7ua@gmail.com> wrote in
> Hello,
> After restoring 'directory' backup with pg_restore (PostgreSQL 10.6) I've
> got a message:
> pg_restore: [directory archiver] could not close data file: Success
> pg_restore: [parallel archiver] a worker process died unexpectedly
> In this thread:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFcNs%2Bos5ExGvXMBrBBzzuJJamoHt5-zdJdxX39nkVG0KUxwsw%40mail.gmail.com
> there is only one answer. I'm interesting, is it normal behaivor of
> pg_restore and backup restored normaly or not ?

That would be a broken compressed file, maybe caused by disk full.

This reminded me of a thread. The issue above seems to be the same
with this:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20200416.181945.759179589924840062.horikyota.ntt%40gmail.com#ed85c5fda64873c45811be4e3027a2ea

Me> Hmm. Sounds reasonable.  I'm going to do that.  Thanks!

But somehow that haven't happened, I'll come up with a new version.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center