Re: Installation

От Alejandro Román
Тема Re: Installation
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 03:36:04PM -0400, Kristina J wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 18, 2020, 3:29 PM Alejandro Román <alejandro@aroman.sh> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 10:19:20PM -0400, Kristina J wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > When I try to download Version 13 it always says download failed. So, I
> > > tried to download 12.4 the version a step down. The installation screen
> > > doesnt appear after it downloads and I double click the folder to start
> > the
> > > installation process. What can I do to fix this and start using
> > postgresql?
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance for your help.
> >
> > Hi Kristina,
> >
> > Which operating system are you using?
> >
> > Alejandro
> >
> Hi Alejandro,
>
> I have Windows 10.

I was able to download both the Windows 10's Postgres 13 and Postgres
12.4 installers. I didn't get any error, so I suspect the errors you are
seeing (both download failed and the lack of the installation screen)
may be due to your antivirus blocking the installers.

Are you using any antivirus? If so, would you consider disabling them
while downloading and installing Postgres? EnterpriseDB is one of the
top companies in the Postgres services industry, so I don't think they
may have introduced any malware in their installers.

Could you please also tell us which browser are you using for
downloading the installers?

By the way, please remember to CC the mailing list when replying.
Otherwise, only I will receive your answer.

Alejandro