Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 10:21:24PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:

> > > Ok, so I tried to implement what seems to be the consensus.  First
> > > attached patch moves the current pgss queryid computation in core,
> > > with a new compute_queryid GUC (on/off).  One thing I don't really
> >
> > Why would someone turn compute_queryid off?   Overhead?
>
> Yes, or possibly to use a different algorithm.

Is there a measureable overhead when this is turned on, since it is off
by default and maybe should default to on.

Сообщение: Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view?
Сообщение: Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view?