Re: pgsql: Add support for partitioned tables and indexes in REINDEX

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Add support for partitioned tables and indexes in REINDEX
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Mon, Sep 07, 2020 at 10:16:25PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
>> Add support for partitioned tables and indexes in REINDEX
>
> Buildfarm isn't finding the isolation test to be stable.

Yes, I have noticed the failure, and waited for more data to gather
while thinking about what I could do.  I have not come up with
anything, at least yet, so for now I have just removed the test.  The
thing was rather limited as-is as it was able just interact with the
first transaction of REINDEX building the list of partitions.
Perhaps, by using a fourth session taking a SHARE lock while another
uses at least a SHARE UPDATE EXCLUSIVE lock on one of the partitions,
it should be possible to make REINDEX wait in one of its inner
transactions for a partition.  It may be tricky to make that reliable
for the buildfarm though.
--
Michael

Вложения