Re: Change a constraint's index - ALTER TABLE ... ALTER CONSTRAINT ... USING INDEX ...

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Change a constraint's index - ALTER TABLE ... ALTER CONSTRAINT ... USING INDEX ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Sep-07, Laurenz Albe wrote:

> This patch would provide a more convenient way to do that.
>
> Again, I am not sure if that justifies the effort.

I have to admit I've seen cases where it'd be useful to have included
columns in primary keys.

TBH I think if we really wanted the feature of primary keys with
included columns, we'd have to add it to the PRIMARY KEY syntax rather
than having an ad-hoc ALTER TABLE ALTER CONSTRAINT USING INDEX command
to replace the index underneath.  Then things like pg_dump would work
normally.

(I have an answer for the information_schema question Tom posed; I'd
like to know what's yours.)