Re: Please provide examples of rows from

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Please provide examples of rows from
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Apr  8, 2020 at 09:50:44PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/queries-table-expressions.html
>
> The explanation of ROWS FROM is fairly terse and no examples are given.
>
> As it is essentially impossible to usefully search for this phrase, it would
> be helpful if at least a few examples were given.

Looking at this suggestion, this was all I could think of:

    SELECT * FROM ROWS FROM (GENERATE_SERIES(1,10), GENERATE_SERIES(1, 15));
     generate_series | generate_series
    -----------------+-----------------
                   1 |               1
                   2 |               2
                   3 |               3
                   4 |               4
                   5 |               5
                   6 |               6
                   7 |               7
                   8 |               8
                   9 |               9
                  10 |              10
              (null) |              11
              (null) |              12
              (null) |              13
              (null) |              14
              (null) |              15

The issue with adding an example is that it is hard to do something
simple and have it illustrate anything.  Does this help?