Re: [BUG v13] Crash with event trigger in extension

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [BUG v13] Crash with event trigger in extension
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2020-Sep-02, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Philippe Beaudoin reported to me a crash he was able to reproduce with some
> extension update script. Please, find in attachment a script that triggers it.
> Just edit the three first vars to point to a temporary installation and
> instance.
>
> Some git bisect shows the bug was introduced by b5810de3f4, where
> multi-statement query strings are using different short memory contexts.

Good find.

I think we should turn your case into a proper TAP test so that we can
incorporate it, for coverage -- the lines you patch do appear covered,
but obviously not in these specific conditions.  I'm just not very sure
*where* to add it; maybe src/test/modules/test_extensions is the place
to have it, though that one doesn't have TAP tests currently.  An easy
addition, though.