Re: New default role- 'pg_read_all_data'

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: New default role- 'pg_read_all_data'
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Gilles Darold (gilles@darold.net) wrote:
> Le 28/08/2020 à 16:52, Stephen Frost a écrit :
> >Using an FDW will often also require having a user mapping and there's
> >no way for that to be accomplished through only GRANT'ing a default
> >role, so I don't think we should mix this specific role with the FDW
> >permissions system.
>
> I'm fine with that, perhaps it should be mentioned in the documentation that
> foreign tables are not covered by this role.

We could say it doesn't GRANT CONNECT rights on databases, or EXECUTE on
functions too, but that doesn't seem like a terribly good approach for
the documentation to take- instead we document specifically what IS
included, which seems sufficiently clear to me.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения