Re: list of extended statistics on psql

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: list of extended statistics on psql
Дата
Re: list of extended statistics on psql  (Tatsuro Yamada <tatsuro.yamada.tf@nttcom.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Aug-28, Tatsuro Yamada wrote:

> > IMO the per-type columns should show both the type being enabled as
> > well as it being built.
>
> Hmm. I'm not sure how to get the status (enabled or disabled) of
> extended stats. :(
> Could you explain it more?

pg_statistic_ext_data.stxdndistinct is not null if the stats have been
built.  (I'm not sure whether there's an easier way to determine this.)

> * The suggested column order is like this:
> ===================
>    Name    | Schema | Table |     Columns      | Ndistinct | Dependencies | MCV
> -----------+--------+-------+------------------+-----------+--------------+-----
>  stts_1    | public | t1    | a, b             | f         | t            | f
>  stts_2    | public | t1    | a, b             | t         | t            | f
>  stts_3    | public | t1    | a, b             | t         | t            | t
>  stts_4    | public | t2    | b, c             | t         | t            | t
> ===================

I suggest to do this

    Name    | Schema | Definition               | Ndistinct | Dependencies | MCV
 -----------+--------+--------------------------+-----------+--------------+-----
  stts_1    | public | (a, b) FROM t1           | f         | t            | f

> I suppose that the current column order is sufficient if there is
> no improvement of extended stats on PG14. Do you know any plan to
> improve extended stats such as to allow it to cross multiple tables on PG14?

I suggest that changing it in the future is going to be an uphill
battle, so better get it right from the get go, without requiring a
future restructure.

> In addition,
> Currently, I use this query to get Extended stats info from pg_statistic_ext.

Maybe something like this would do

SELECT
 stxnamespace::pg_catalog.regnamespace AS "Schema",
 stxname AS "Name",
 format('%s FROM %s',
 (SELECT pg_catalog.string_agg(pg_catalog.quote_ident(attname),', ')
  FROM pg_catalog.unnest(stxkeys) s(attnum)
  JOIN pg_catalog.pg_attribute a ON (stxrelid = a.attrelid AND
  a.attnum = s.attnum AND NOT attisdropped)),
  stxrelid::regclass) AS "Definition",
  CASE WHEN stxdndistinct IS NOT NULL THEN 'built' WHEN 'd' = any(stxkind) THEN 'enabled, not built' END AS
"n-distinct",
  CASE WHEN stxddependencies IS NOT NULL THEN 'built' WHEN 'f' = any(stxkind) THEN 'enabled, not built' END AS
"functionaldependencies",

  CASE WHEN stxdmcv IS NOT NULL THEN 'built' WHEN 'm' = any(stxkind) THEN 'enabled, not built' END AS mcv
 FROM pg_catalog.pg_statistic_ext es
 INNER JOIN pg_catalog.pg_class c
 ON stxrelid = c.oid
 LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_statistic_ext_data esd ON es.oid = esd.stxoid
 ORDER BY 1, 2, 3;