Re: deb repo doesn't have latest. or possible to update web page?

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: deb repo doesn't have latest. or possible to update web page?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Magnus Hagander
> > The confusion in my case is I wasn't sure why my distro was named,
> > tried the instructions and it...half worked.
> >
> > Maybe something like this?
> >
> > The PostgreSQL apt repository supports the currently supported stable
> > versions of Debian with the latest versions of Postgres:
> >
> > xxx
> > xxx
> >
> > Older versions of Debian may also be supported with older versions of
> > Postgres.
> >

> Well, they are not supported. The packages may be there, but they are not
> supported. I think that's an important distinction. Maybe add something
> like "some packages may be available for older versions of Debian, but are
> not supported" or such?

We have had "Packages for older PostgreSQL versions and older
Debian/Ubuntu distributions will continue to stay in the repository,
but will in most cases not be updated anymore." right in the first
paragraph on the front-page since about the first revision.

> Or get rid of the wheezy side altogether?
> >

> Or move it to the archive. I'm not entirely sure why it's still there.
> Christoph?

Last time I checked there were still some docker containers using
wheezy to pull older PG server versions. Though I guess it's time to
put it to rest now that jessie is also EOL.

Christoph