Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance

От Yugo NAGATA
Тема Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 10:02:42 +0900 (JST)
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> I have looked into this.

Thank you for your reviewing!

> - 0004-Allow-to-prolong-life-span-of-transition-tables-unti.patch:
>   This one needs a comment to describe what the function does etc.
>
>   +void
>   +SetTransitionTablePreserved(Oid relid, CmdType cmdType)
>   +{

I added a comment for this function and related places.

+/*
+ * SetTransitionTablePreserved
+ *
+ * Prolong lifespan of transition tables corresponding specified relid and
+ * command type to the end of the outmost query instead of each nested query.
+ * This enables to use nested AFTER trigger's transition tables from outer
+ * query's triggers.  Currently, only immediate incremental view maintenance
+ * uses this.
+ */
+void
+SetTransitionTablePreserved(Oid relid, CmdType cmdType)

Also, I removed releted unnecessary code which was left accidentally.

> - 0007-Add-aggregates-support-in-IVM.patch
>   "Check if the given aggregate function is supporting" shouldn't be
>   "Check if the given aggregate function is supporting IVM"?

Yes, you are right. I fixed this, too.

> + * check_aggregate_supports_ivm
> + *
> + * Check if the given aggregate function is supporting

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>