Re: please update ps display for recovery checkpoint

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: please update ps display for recovery checkpoint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 12:20:50AM +0000, k.jamison@fujitsu.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 19, 2020 7:53 AM (GMT+9), Justin Pryzby wrote:
>> During crash recovery, the server writes this to log:
>> Please change to say "recovery checkpoint" or similar, as I mentioned here.
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200118201111.GP26045@telsasoft.c
>> om
>
> Yes, I agree that it is helpful to tell users about that.

That could be helpful.  Wouldn't it be better to use "end-of-recovery
checkpoint" instead?  That's the common wording in the code comments.

I don't see the point of patch 0002.  In the same paragraph, we
already know that this applies to any checkpoints.

> About 0003 patch, there are similar phrases in bgwriter_flush_after and
> backend_flush_after. Should those be updated too?

Yep, makes sense.
--
Michael

Вложения